Saturday, November 30, 2019

Watercolor Painting Supplies; My New Favorite Brushes

Anyone that is into some sort of art or crafts can tell you the same thing.  We are obsessed with our supplies.  We are constantly looking for that perfect supply that will make everything we do better and quicker.  Most of the time we are just wasting our money.  In this case however, I really have found my new favorite watercolor brush.  Kolinsky Sable is supposed to be the best for watercolor painting.  They are extremely expensive and the hairs are very soft, which, I really do not like.  I prefer a spring in the brush.  All natural hair brushes for watercolor painting are very soft, Sable, Goat hair Squirrel hair and so forth.  These brushes I found at Dick Blick.  The are a new invention from The Princeton Brush Company.  They are called Aqua Elite and are a synthetic Kolinsky Sable blend.  They hold a lot of water and paint and have a nice spring to them holding their shape very well.  I bought two brushes a few weeks ago to try them out and fell in love with them.  Yesterday I bought the rest for my collection.  They have many more types and sizes of brushes in the Aqua Elite line, but these are the brushes I use for all of my work.  You never need every brush or every tube of paint to do your work, just pick out what you prefer and have at it.  The most expensive brush was the mottler on the far left, it was $24.00 US.  That is really inexpensive for such a good quality brush.  Try them out and see what you think, just remember, never buy everything unless your sure.  Start with one or two brushes you use a lot and see if you like them.  You can always add to your collection as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment