Thursday, November 7, 2019

Original Watercolor Painting; Sunlit Bluffs

How easy is it to imagine yourself right here?  A camper or tent, possibly a little log cabin, or maybe just an area you pass on a peaceful hike in natures beauty.  Landscape paintings have always called to me.  I realize that when a person paints a particular place, many others can do the same as well.  It is however, the landscape painting within your own soul that no one else can replicate.  I rarely paint landscapes of places I have been to or seen on the internet or television.  Yes, I may borrow a particular waterfall or mountain range peak to insert into a painting, but buy and large, my landscape paintings are made up.  I take the elements that draw me to landscapes to begin with and paint those.  If you look closely at this painting, you would probably get a sense of me as a person.  I love light, the peaceful melody of natures songs blowing in the wind.  I enjoy the relaxation of a quiet river flowing, and I truly enjoy the complete harmony that nature gives us. Yes, I am a 53 year old optimist.  Most things we see or hear are grim, full of no humanity and complete helplessness.  We get angry because we feel there is no hope.  I still believe.  I try to convey peace within my work.  I concentrate on the beauty of the world, not the ugly underbelly.  Paint the beauty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment