Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Original Watercolor Painting; Saturday Afternoon Stroll

OK, I realize I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and have not moved somewhere warm yet.  Since winter is closing in, I thought I would try and warm everyone up a bit.  What do you think this is?  Maybe 80 degrees, a light breeze, maybe a Saturday afternoon getting ready to go and get some ice cream.  Yeah, that sounds good.  That is my story and I am sticking with it.  I mentioned in another post that when you add people into a landscape painting, it magically transforms from a peaceful landscape painting into a story.  Again, this can be 100 different stories to 100 different people.  I have always loved painting landscapes, I will continue to do so, but I am really starting to get into this story telling thing with a people element added.  It is fun to come up with stories about your own painting and it is even more fun to hear what stories others see.  We have too many gas stations, way too many pizza places, a Walgreen's or CVS on every corner and strip malls galore.  What we really need is an escape from stress.  We need an escape from stress that does not involve controlled substances or others, what we need are more story tellers.  We need more artists.  I bet there are millions of stories out there longing to be seen.  Make them seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment