Saturday, November 2, 2019

Original Watercolor Painting; Lazy Day

What a great way to spend a Sunday morning.  With a day so beautiful, it almost doesn't matter if you catch a fish or not.  Is he listening to a radio?  Maybe he has an ipod.  Maybe he is just relaxing and listening to natures symphony. 
In the most basic of forms, art is a form of story telling.  Story telling that goes back to the cave man era.  As a matter of fact, art way back in very old times was in many cases, a form of communication.  Before there was a written language, there were small paintings strung together to tell other people what was happening.
I love story telling.  Since I was a kid, I have always loved to tell stories that interested me.  Point of fact, I tried telling stories in the more traditional manner, writing.  For some reason, I was never able to convey the story that was in my head onto the paper in a way that was interesting to the reader.  Enter painting.  I am now starting to understand that I can convey a short story in a painting as opposed to many pages.  What is even better, I can have a particular story in mind as I paint and the viewer can see another one.  Paintings are so subjective.  When people start to create their own stories from your paintings, that is when you have become an artist.  Tell your stories and see how much joy you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment