Sunday, May 17, 2020

New Watercolor Painting; Moving Horizon

Hello Everyone;
Since the rain still has not let up, I decided to do some more painting.  Earlier today, I painted a soft pastel landscape, this evening, a watercolor painting.  I wanted to make an active sky, not necessarily a storm sky, just action within it.  I used 4 colors and a few blends to give a little movement, then I tried to use soft and hard edges in the clouds to give it a little oomph.
Did this painting work?  I have no idea, but I do know this, I had this image in my head and I painted it.  If you never take a risk, then you will never accomplish anything.  Creating art is all about taking risks.  You can never be satisfied with where you are as an artist.  Each artist must continually take risks with their compositions, or color pallet or technique or anything they are comfortable with.  I do not know this for a fact, but I do believe with all of my heart that the best art is accomplished when we go out on a limb and take those risks.  We create something we did not know we had in us.  Please keep in mind though, when you take risks, you must also be willing to accept failures.  Only a small portion of your art will be the "WOW" art.  Inevitably, we will create many more failures then successes.  If we can accept this and keep on taking risks, you will become a successful artist.  Success defined by you, not a board, or art critics in some magazine.  Be yourself and take a chance.
Have a Blessed Day my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment