Sunday, May 10, 2020

Hello Everyone;
I hope all wonderful Mothers had a great day.
For some reason, I am on a soft pastel kick as of late.  I had put them away for long time, and a few weeks ago, for reasons still unknown to me, I pulled them out and began creating art.  I was not only creating art, but I was having a whole lot of fun doing it.  As I have said in previous posts, soft pastels are messy and can be a bit difficult to work with, but the colors are well worth the trouble.  I am finally beginning to see what others have told me through out my life, sometimes the difficult things turn out to be the best.  I am not saying I am a soft pastel artist only.  I love oil painting and watercolors are just so much fun.  I do not see myself giving those up ever.  I have admitted to myself though, I will not put the pastels away again.  I believe they are part of my studio from now on.
I have been looking at You Tube videos of artists using soft pastels in plein air.  That definitely looks like something I will be trying as soon as the weather breaks.  I may take a video of that adventure and post it.  Any how, I hope everyone is creating art in what ever medium you prefer.  I hope you are having fun doing it and I hope all of you will have a Blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment