Monday, May 25, 2020

New Soft Pastel Painting; Soft Colors

Hello Everyone;
I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend.  My wife and I broke out of Illinois and went on the lamb to Wisconsin on Saturday. We actually went into non essential stores (Hobby Lobby and Michaels) and walked around small towns where life is close to normal again.
Sunday we bought a steel fire pit from Menards (store was packed like I have never seen before) put it together and had a fire Sunday night.
Today we relaxed a bit and, of course, I painted.
Here is another soft pastel painting I completed an hour ago.  I used my last sheet of Le Carte pastel paper from Sennelier.  Well, this may have been the last sheet I had, but I will be ordering more soon.  I was torn between pastel mat and e carte and for me, le carte works best.  Both are wonderful sanded pastel papers, but for some reason, the le carte tends to work better for my style.  As of right now, I am not sure where my artist journey is taking me.  I love painting in oils, watercolors and soft pastels.  Lately, I have been giving the pastels a lot more attention.  When I enter my studio, all three mediums are right there in front of me, but I seem to gravitate towards the pastels.  I have learned through life to not ignore your inner feelings.  Follow that little voice and go with it.  Right now it's pastels, maybe tomorrow oils.  Part of the fun of the journey is the unknown.  Take that step out in faith and see where it takes you.
Have a Blessed day my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment