Sunday, March 22, 2020

New Oil Painting: Using Cheap Oil Paints part 2

 Hello Everyone;
As promised, here are the other paintings I did today with Masters Touch oil paints.  I was going to make three posts, but I decided to combine the last two paintings into one post.  As with anything, practice makes perfect except for art and playing a musical instrument.  I really believe those are two endeavors where you can never say, I know it all.  You constantly learn regardless of how proficient you become.  There is always something new to learn.  For me, the journey is very rewarding.  When you see where you came from and where your level as an artist is today, it can be mind blowing the growth you had.  Practice is the key though.  What is cool about being an artist is that the practice part is fun.  A lot of times I paint an entire painting, but quickly, thinking very little and kind of feeling my way through it.  Sometime we think too much and we end up removing the aspect of our work that reflects our inner artist trying to be set free.  Another way I practice I posted earlier where I take certain elements and practice them by themselves over and over again trying to get them just the way I want to. 
Another aspect of becoming a better artist is trying new things.  Painting outside of your comfort zone.  Since we are creatures of habit, we tend to stay in our comport zones.  When we do this, our growth is substantially reduced.  We must always challenge ourselves.  When we feel ourselves becoming content, we need to change it up.  We do not always need to make it a drastic change, but we definitely need new challenges. 
This brings me to a final point for today, and this point can be applied to everything we face in life.  Never be afraid to fail.  If you don't fail, that means your not trying.  My father taught my brother and I a very long time ago that there is a huge difference between a failure and failing at something.  Failing at something means you tried and came up short.  You put out the effort , but the results were not what you wanted.  A failure never tried to begin with.  They sit and complain that they can not do anything, complain about everyone else and are jealous of everyone who they think have more then them.  These people never put themselves out there.  They were so afraid of failure that they became one.  Regardless of the results, never stop moving forward.  One step at a time or one inch at a time, so long as you try, your never a failure.
Have a Blessed day my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment