Sunday, March 15, 2020

New Oil Painting; New Blick Painting Panel


Hello Everyone;
Here is another oil painting.  I completed this painting earlier today.  It is an 8" X 10" original oil painting I completed on a Blick Premier Canvas Panel.  This is my first time trying this archival painting panel from Blick.  It is a primed surface ready to paint on, but the finish is smooth.  Actually, the painting surface is silky smooth which may be a bad thing for some people.  I was a little hesitant and I needed to change up my approach.  When using these panels, you really need to have a light touch when applying the paint.  If you use too much pressure, and for these panels that is not much, the paint seems to streak on as opposed to being applied on.  With a lighter touch, you can still get the desired thickness of paint without streaking.  Once I got the hang of it, I really started to enjoy working on it.  The colors seem to pop out more so then on canvas and fine details are easily achieved.  Like I said, they take a little bit of a learning curve, but they are very nice.  I will definitely be getting more panels to try and see if my work overall, looks a bit better on these supports.  One thing too, even though they are archival, they are a little less money then other archival primed hard board surfaces.  This 8" X 10" for instance, I believe was $7.00 and it was 7/8" thick with a nail hole on the back to hang your work.  That is really a good price.  Give them a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment