Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Watercolor Painting; ACEO Painting

Art Cards Editions and Originals.
Besides the long winded name these small paintings are a lot of fun to create.  For some reason, your mind does not worry about messing up the painting.  Maybe it's the small size, or maybe the little cards are just that much less intimidating.  Whatever the reason, I recommend you try some.  To be a real aceo, the painting surface needs to be 2.5" X 3.5"  Really, you do not have to paint only.  You can draw, stamp paint, do most anything you wish.  I use the Strathmore Watercolor ACEO paper I get from Dick Blick.  They are 140 lbs watercolor paper and already cut perfectly.  If you have a good paper cutter, buy watercolor paper and cut your own.  When I do these small pieces, I try my best on each one, but I do not labor over areas like I do on much larger pieces.  The old saying less is more really strikes a chord with these types of paintings.  For me, there are only two rules for aceo paintings.  First, make sure the size is correct, and second, have fun.  That's all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment